Free website builders are great if you want to share pictures of your cat with grandma. When you operate a small business, controlling your brand is a must. When you host with and use these free website builders like Rhymes with Six, for your business, you lose control of your brand message from the very start.
Follow This Link to learn Why Free Website Builders Are A Bad Idea
Further, most of these free website builders are ad supported. This means that other companies ads will be shown on your website. You will have no control over this. Great for your competitor. Not so much for you.
These companies will offer to upgrade you to your own domain name and remove the ads. They will also sell you hosting on their server for an inflated price. If you want to save money and build your own website, at least purchase your hosting from a reputable company and use the sitebuilder software included in your control panel. You’ll do just as well and save money. If you choose a host that offers one click WordPress installation, even better.
Read These Related Posts From Our Blog
How to Grow Your Business With Better Solutions
How to Choose the Perfect Hosting Solution for Your Website
Homestead Digital Media Services will be happy to provide you with a free consultation. We will listen to your needs and then offer you affordable solutions for your small business. To schedule your free consultation or learn more, please contact us.
When you are shopping around for a web host, you will find that hosting costs can vary greatly. HDMS offers hosting options that are affordable to keep your costs down.
Options for Saving on Hosting Costs
Option 1: When you choose Homestead Digital Media Services to design and build your website, the hosting costs for one year are itemized in our proposal.
Option 2: If you just need hosting and plan to build your website yourself, we offer competitively priced hosting packages. Each hosting package includes a free domain name for as long as you host your site with us. We also include ID Protect to protect your registration information from spammers.
Option 3: Purchase your shared web hosting from GreenGeeks. With this option you can design and build your site, or we will be happy to do it for you. For more information on this option click here.
For further information about setting up hosting for your website, please contact us for more information.
Website and Marketing Solutions for Small Business
Homestead Digital Media Services offers a number of solutions to help you market your business in the digital age. Let us help you succeed.
- Website Design: We provide WordPress web design solutions to help small businesses start the journey of expanding their business on the web.
- Web Hosting: We are proud to be a reseller for GreenGeeks.com. GreenGeeks provides eco-friendly web hosting solutions. Alternately if you wish to purchase hosting directly from GreenGeeks, click the GreenGeeks link above.
- Content Marketing: Keeping fresh content on your website to keep customers engaged can be time consuming and difficult. We are happy to help. Learn more.
- SEO/Analytics: Understanding your customers and how to target them is an important part of growing your business. We can help. Learn more.
- Cyber Security: As hackers become more emboldened and prolific, let us help ensure the security of your website.
- Social Media: We take a holistic approach to small business marketing, and social media is an important component of reaching more customers. We help you understand social media and provide solutions that work for you.
- Digital Advertising: We can help you navigate the ever changing and often confusing process of advertising online. Learn more.
- Branding: Brand consistency across your entire business is important to ensure that customers are getting the correct information about your business. We help you understand how to tie in your online brand messaging to all other aspects of your business. Learn more.
- Other Services: We also offer remote technical support and training for WordPress, Windows, and many other computer or website relates platforms. Contact us to learn more.
Popular Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
The web hosting business is dirty business. The world burns a lot of coal to power the internet. That’s why we are proud to offer eco-friendly hosting. That’s why when we started Homestead Digital Media Services in 2014 we decided to become a reseller for GreenGeeks, the world’s leading eco friendly web hosting provider. Their fantastic service, selection, and support are reasons we chose GreenGeeks. There are other companies that also offer great service and support, but none of them are as committed to using clean energy to power the web as GreenGeeks is. This factor put our decision over the top.
GreenGeeks purchases wind credits for 300% more energy than they use to power their servers. The wind energy they purchase is returned to the grid. This means that any site hosted by Homestead Digital Media Services or GreenGeeks is powered by 300% clean renewable energy.
In the two years we have been using GreenGeeks services, we have been very pleased by their service and support. In 2016 we joined the GreenGeeks affiliate program and and are proud to recommend them to our small business clients.